Independent Glass specialise in the manufacture of bodyside and interior safety glass products for Buses and Coaches but also offer this service for other types of vehicles from Construction Industry and Agricultural vehicles to Specialist (Fire tenders, Mobile Cranes, Mobile Showrooms and
Libraries etc) and Non Road Use (factory or on-site only) vehicles. The range of toughened and laminated safety glasses includes:
- Flat toughened and laminated
- Single glass and Insulating (Double Glazing) glass units
- Clear and tinted glass Screen printed (border bands for direct bonding, obscuration on route indicator glass and decorative for interior draught screens)
- Thick laminated glass for interior security screens (PSV Driver protection)
- Thick Toughened glass for balustrade staircase panels on double deck buses
Independent Glass automotive safety glass is manufactured and Certified Compliant to the following Standards:
Regulation 43 E Mark – Motor Vehicle Equipment and Parts (Cat.11) – European
FMVSS 205 DOT Mark – Automotive Glass ANSI/SAE Z26.1 – USA
Insulating (Double Glazing) Glass Units for use in Road vehicles are also Certified Compliant to the mandatory Headform Test required by Regulation 43.
Independent Glass can also supply safety glass to the superseded Kite Mark BS 857 – Safety Glass for Land Transport when needed for Vintage and Veteran road vehicles.
Windscreens for unregistered non-road (factory, site or private land only) vehicles are also manufactured by Independent Glass in flat toughened and laminated glass.